Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > Timepiece Community > Invicta Watches

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-24-2018, 05:33 PM
UniqueMechanics UniqueMechanics is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Default *Video Post* Invicta Signature Two-Tone SS Blue Dial Men's Watch Model 7046

Hey everyone.
Today I am bringing you a gorgeous Invicta-Signature model that I find exceptional in every way including the price!
Checkout the video below, let me know your thoughts.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-24-2018, 09:54 PM
VMMVMMM's Avatar
VMMVMMM VMMVMMM is offline
BDWF Watch Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverton, UT
Posts: 3,187
Default

What is this? We aren't a board to link to other sites, we discuss things here...Not trying to chase people away, but this seems like suddenly we have pop up ads.
__________________
-- Greg --

Connect with me on Instagram:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-24-2018, 11:44 PM
arubalou arubalou is offline
BDWF Watch Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMMVMMM View Post
What is this? We aren't a board to link to other sites, we discuss things here...Not trying to chase people away, but this seems like suddenly we have pop up ads.
agree
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-24-2018, 11:55 PM
GeorgeH's Avatar
GeorgeH GeorgeH is offline
BDWF Watch Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 1,152
Default Video links

Yeah, who needs the pop up ads which you can get rid of after a few seconds. I guess this will be up to Mikie if videos are allowed. I did see Mikie bought a new Hammy and included a photo from Jomashop, but that may be different from a video?

As far as the Invicta watch goes, it seems like a good value for a Japanese auto. The video mentions the $395 retail, of course you can get on on eBay for $125 or Evine has a black version for $109 plus S&H. I've never owned the Signature line so don't know anything about the quality level. Also, the 40mm size is a nice alternative for the mostly 50mm plus sizes that Invicta puts out.
__________________
George
"As far as watches go, buy what you like and can afford"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-25-2018, 12:15 AM
GeorgeH's Avatar
GeorgeH GeorgeH is offline
BDWF Watch Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 1,152
Default Forgot to add

I guess the question is if UniqueMechanics is a Sponsor or Forum member commenting on a watch they own or a Forum member selling a watch for which there is a place to do so? I'm confused. Maybe the problem is just a video with ads?
__________________
George
"As far as watches go, buy what you like and can afford"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-25-2018, 02:17 AM
VMMVMMM's Avatar
VMMVMMM VMMVMMM is offline
BDWF Watch Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverton, UT
Posts: 3,187
Default

My issue is these have just been links to another blog site, nothing more.
__________________
-- Greg --

Connect with me on Instagram:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-25-2018, 03:32 AM
GeorgeH's Avatar
GeorgeH GeorgeH is offline
BDWF Watch Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 1,152
Default Agree, but

I get where you're coming from regarding links to another blog. I looked through the ToU to see if this was permitted. I think this will be up to Mikie.

From the ToU:
"Information that is readily available on the internet via normal search engines is acceptable unless it is used to defame or slander any individual or entity. Personal or private information about any individual will not be allowed and will be grounds for termination from BDWF."

"We at BDWF require that you do not post e-mails or submit to or publish through forums or otherwise make available on this site any content, or act in a way, which in our opinion:"

(h) contains links to other sites that contain the kind of content, which falls within the descriptions set out above.

e) advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting money, goods or services for any purpose) except as specifically authorized by Best Damn Watch Forum;"
__________________
George
"As far as watches go, buy what you like and can afford"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-25-2018, 01:32 PM
JAS1125's Avatar
JAS1125 JAS1125 is offline
BDWF Exec Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
I get where you're coming from regarding links to another blog. I looked through the ToU to see if this was permitted. I think this will be up to Mikie.

From the ToU:
"Information that is readily available on the internet via normal search engines is acceptable unless it is used to defame or slander any individual or entity. Personal or private information about any individual will not be allowed and will be grounds for termination from BDWF."

"We at BDWF require that you do not post e-mails or submit to or publish through forums or otherwise make available on this site any content, or act in a way, which in our opinion:"

(h) contains links to other sites that contain the kind of content, which falls within the descriptions set out above.

e) advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting money, goods or services for any purpose) except as specifically authorized by Best Damn Watch Forum;"
George and the other members are correct.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it seems that these are links to his You Tube reviews, which contain sales links to Amazon.

I'll send a PM to this member, who is not a sponsor by the way. We have no sponsors anymore and haven't for a long time.

Thanks to all for your diligence
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-26-2018, 04:59 AM
mikiehorn's Avatar
mikiehorn mikiehorn is offline
BDWF Owner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Daegu, Republic of Korea
Posts: 27,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS1125 View Post
George and the other members are correct.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it seems that these are links to his You Tube reviews, which contain sales links to Amazon.

I'll send a PM to this member, who is not a sponsor by the way. We have no sponsors anymore and haven't for a long time.

Thanks to all for your diligence

Thanks for handling this as quickly as you did.

My employment gets in the way of my leisure time as the headlines about Korea crowd the front pages...

As per JomaShop - a gray market dealer of whom I have no financial or other relation - other than purchasing over an 11 year period without a problem. I apologize if anyone thought I was a 'fanboy' or otherwise advertising for them.

Their pictures are better than mine - until I get some free time to get my photo equipment in order ...
__________________
http://bdwf.net/images/banners/mikie_exec.jpg
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-26-2018, 07:17 AM
VMMVMMM's Avatar
VMMVMMM VMMVMMM is offline
BDWF Watch Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverton, UT
Posts: 3,187
Default

The difference here, Mikey, is that we all know you, and if you happen to mention a retailer that you like, it’s seen as a tip from a trusted friend. On the other hand, when we get someone who registers and starts out by simply advertising their own content off this forum without simple courteous participation in our humble forum here first, it just stinks of someone looking for cheap self promotion.
__________________
-- Greg --

Connect with me on Instagram:
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-26-2018, 06:58 PM
GeorgeH's Avatar
GeorgeH GeorgeH is offline
BDWF Watch Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 1,152
Default Links to other Forums, Sellers

Agree.

I did notice a part of the Forum I have never used is Market Place Community - Hot Deals. I guess one could put in a link to Evine, Jomashop, Watchuseek, etc as long a it was some kind of deal and not be in violation of the ToU.
__________________
George
"As far as watches go, buy what you like and can afford"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-26-2018, 07:26 PM
JAS1125's Avatar
JAS1125 JAS1125 is offline
BDWF Exec Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
Agree.

I did notice a part of the Forum I have never used is Market Place Community - Hot Deals. I guess one could put in a link to Evine, Jomashop, Watchuseek, etc as long a it was some kind of deal and not be in violation of the ToU.
And really, the Hot Deal section is intended for anything that the poster feels is a good deal for the membership, however it's not meant to post links to personal sales sites.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-27-2018, 12:35 AM
mikiehorn's Avatar
mikiehorn mikiehorn is offline
BDWF Owner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Daegu, Republic of Korea
Posts: 27,489
Default

In review of this incident ... we shouldn't be afraid to mention a vendor - whether a sponsor or not from whom we've received good (or not so good service that can be documented).

A newbie needs to be a forum member who - over at least a minimal time - contributes to our forum other than in the form of self promotion.

Over the going on 15 years in the hobby - I've accumulated a number of net vendors I won't hesitate to purchase from. Seiya-Japan might be at the top of the list - as well as Shnoop, JomaShop and even WOW when they put their merchandise on sale. They have a reputation of overall trustworthy customer service - truth in advertising and a membership involvement that is almost entirely positive. I've even used DREAM UNIVERSITY in Thailand for my Red Monster some years ago and certainly deal with our dear members who often offer treasures for 'pennies on the dollar' ...

I understand how hard it is to start a business and make yourself known. The costs of advertising and the ability to create a website and drive people to it are daunting for those who struggle with capitalizing a new business and still put food on the table.

Regardless of this - we need a reference point of what's allowable and what's not and you all rather than myself have an important say in the matter ...
__________________
http://bdwf.net/images/banners/mikie_exec.jpg
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-28-2018, 08:02 AM
VMMVMMM's Avatar
VMMVMMM VMMVMMM is offline
BDWF Watch Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverton, UT
Posts: 3,187
Default

I’m in agreement, Mike. You are both blessed with and kind of required to have a diplomacy about your response and actions on the site, and I applaud your thoughtful consideration, but these posts are shamelessly promoting someone's personal content. They obviously have no desire to engage in any kind of discussion, nor do they even seem to want to explain their motives, so at a minimum, they contribute nothing to a forum. I believe they are just spamming the site hoping to get as many hapless followers as they can before they are inevitably banned from the site. I say it’s time for them to go.
__________________
-- Greg --

Connect with me on Instagram:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-28-2018, 02:05 PM
JAS1125's Avatar
JAS1125 JAS1125 is offline
BDWF Exec Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,098
Default

He is outta here....
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
  Please thank our SUPPORTERS - Offering BDWF Member Specials!